Communications and Social Media Intern
The Better Oral Health for Massachusetts Coalition (BOHMAC) is a statewide organization which advocates for oral health policies to ensure that Massachusetts’ residents, especially those most vulnerable, have benefit of comprehensive oral health prevention and treatment services. BOHMAC is committed to working with policy-makers, advocates, community partners and health providers to guarantee that oral health is an essential component of overall health.
The communications intern will work directly with BOHMAC’s communications committee, as well as staff members. This intern will participate in a variety of activities including web-based projects, research, writing, and event planning. Specific duties include assisting with maintaining and updating social media; uploading web content, photos and video; and completing other office duties as assigned. This internship will involve a heavy emphasis on developing and expanding the Coalition’s online media presence, social networking outreach, and blog content.
Better Oral Health for Massachusetts Coalition
Goal 1: Maintain an interactive website for BOHMAC using WordPress.
Goal 2: Update BOHMAC’s Social Media.
Goal 3: Promote and increase awareness of BOHMAC’s activites.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend Communications Committee Meetings (Monthly)
- Meet face to face, phone and email progress as project supervisors require.
- Coordinate with the administrative coordinator and coalition members on page/shared content.
- Post blog updates, maintain calendar, and other features.
- Assist with reorganization of online content (menus, navigation, etc.)
- Other web development/design work as needed.
- Review other state coalition sites for ideas for content and site development.
- Assist with development of a greater social media presence.
- Develop promotional materials for meetings and events.
- Knowledgeable in website design, specifically using WordPress
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Publisher
- Highly detail-oriented
- Experience working on and/or studying health care issues
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
Length of Project: TBD
Please submit applications including resume, cover letter, and writing sample to: email@example.com.