The Better Oral Health for Massachusetts Coalition (BOHMAC) is a statewide organization which advocates for oral health policies to ensure that Massachusetts’ residents, especially those most vulnerable, have benefit of comprehensive oral health prevention and treatment services. BOHMAC is committed to working with policy-makers, advocates, community partners and health providers to guarantee that oral health is an essential component of overall health.
With a focus on promoting good oral health by increasing utilization of services, reducing disparities and promoting health equity in Massachusetts, the Coalition works to:
- Increase access to oral health services and prevention
- Promote policy and advocacy efforts that address the needs of those most vulnerable to oral health disease
- Build public and industry awareness and partner with key stakeholders and organizations on a range of oral health issues
- Strengthen, diversify and expand Massachusetts’ oral health workforce
- Promote and support ongoing statewide oral health assessment and surveillance systems