Works to improve health equity by increasing access to oral disease prevention and treatment measures for all residents of Massachusetts.
The goals of the Prevention Committee include:
- Promoting expansion of community water fluoridation as the foundation of better oral health
- Promoting preventive oral health services including sealants and access to fluoride products
- Increasing healthy equity by improving access to preventive, restorative, and rehabilitative oral health services for vulnerable and diverse populations. These include: people of color; low-income populations; people with special health care needs; women of childbearing age, pregnant women, and new mothers; children from 0–21 years of age; older residents living independently, in nursing homes, and in assisted living residences; uninsured and under insured individuals; and the homeless
- Promoting oral health knowledge and awareness
- Educating the public about the connection between oral health and general health
- Engaging a broad coalition of community-based providers in oral health promotion
Kathryn Dolan, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
*Organizations are listed for identification purposes only.